Burghead Coastal Rowing Club was established in August 2013 with the aim of bringing traditional coastal rowing to Moray. Our club was formed as part of the Scottish Coastal Rowing Project, which involves first building a boat in the community before using it to row recreationally and in competition. The Scottish Coastal Rowing Project aims to promote and encourage the sharing of traditional skills, encourage healthy exercise and enable people to enjoy the wonderful coastline we live alongside.
Our club welcomes everyone, from juniors through to seniors! The beauty of coastal rowing is that you don’t need any prior experience, levels of fitness or expensive kit of your own, making it extremely accessible and inclusive.
You can choose which aspect to get involved with - whether it’s raising funds for the club within the community, helping at fundraising events or rowing our own hand-built St Ayles skiff proudly along your local coastline. Or any combination of the above!
During the summer our regular rowing sessions from Burghead harbour are:
· Wed 6 - 7pm - training session (members only)
· Wed 7pm - social rowing - all welcome
· Fri 7 - 9pm – adult members only
· Sun 8.30 - 10am - training session (members only)
· Sun 10am - social rowing - all welcome
During the winter we row on a Sunday:
· 8.30 - 10am - training session (members only)
· 10am - social rowing - all welcome
Come and have a go!
We welcome new members to our club! You can pick up an application form and join on any of our rowing sessions. Annual membership fees are as follows:
· Adult - £20
· Family - £50
· Junior (11 – 18 years of age) - £5
· Social (non-rowing) - £10
· Short-term (4 weeks) - £5
Why not pop down on a social session and have a go?
If you would like to keep up to date with our latest news, enter in your email address in the box