2016 sportMoray Recognition Awards
The 2016 sportMoray Recognition Awards will be taking place on Mon 21st November 2016 at Elgin Town Hall. As like 2015, there will be 14 categories of Awards presented on the night, 13 of which can be nominated by the public. Due to the success of this event over the years, the 14 Award Sponsors from last year have continued their sponsorship offer for 2016 which is great news for the organisers.
The awards are as follows:
SALSC Local Service to Sport Award: This award is for an individual administrator, coach or official for their voluntary contribution to local sport over a lengthy period of time – minimum of 10 Years. Sponsor is the Scottish Association of Local Sports Councils.
Junior Sports Athlete Award: This award is for a male or female sports athlete currently between the ages of 9-13yrs (on 21 Nov 2016) who has achieved excellence at either a local, regional, national or international level. Sponsor is Dallas Designs.
Veteran Sports Athlete Award: This award is for a male or female sports athlete aged 40yrs or over (on 21 Nov 2015) or who is classified as a veteran or super veteran in their chosen sport who has achieved excellence at either a regional, national or international level. Sponsor is Springfield Properties.
Intermediate Team Award: This award is for a team that has achieved excellence at either a regional, national or international level. The team must be made up of players between the ages of 12-18yrs (on 21 Nov 2016). Sponsor is The Northern Scot.
Senior Team Award: This award is for a team that has achieved excellence at regional, national or international level. Sponsor is Gordon & MacPhail.
Coach Award: This award is for an individual who has contributed locally to the development of sport through coaching at their chosen level. Sponsor is sportMoray.
Club Level Award: This award is for an individual sports person who has made a valuable contribution at club level. Sponsor is Diageo.
Community Engagement Award: This award is for a group, club or organisation that has built an excellent relationship with a specific community to get them more active through physical activity or sport. The ‘community’ targeted by this group/club could be a local village, housing area or it could be a ‘community’ such as older people, young mums, disabled etc. Sponsor is NHS Grampian.
School Sport Volunteer Award: This award will recognise the dedication of an individual, whether it is a parent, teacher or other, who has made an outstanding contribution to an extra-curricular activity. Sponsor is Active Schools.
Special Achievement Award: This special award will be given to an individual who has attained an outstanding personal achievement in sport through overcoming adversity. Sponsor is Elgin Rotary Club.
Intermediate Sportsman Award: This award is for a male sports person who has achieved excellence at either a regional, national or international level and who is aged between 14-17yrs (on 21 Nov 2016). Sponsor is Moray College.
The Heather Stanning Award (Intermediate Sportswoman): This award is for a female sports person who has achieved excellence at either a regional, national or international level and is aged between 14-17yrs (on 21 Nov 2016). Sponsor is Moray Council.
Senior Sports Athlete of the Year: This award is for an individual who has achieved excellence at a regional, national or international level. Nominees for this award must be between 18-39yrs of age. Sponsor is Forsyths Ltd.
Sports Personality of the Year (not a public nomination category): The Sports Personality of the Year Award will be decided by the selection panel and will be decided between the winners of the following categories – junior sports athlete, veteran sports athlete, special achievement, intermediate sportsman, intermediate sportswoman, and senior sports athlete Awards. Sponsor is Campbell and McConnachie Financial Consultants.
N.B. People that are nominated for these Awards may also be nominated into the sportscotland Annual Awards if they meet the stipulated criteria.
- Individuals or clubs may submit nominations for one or more categories.
- A nominee can only be entered into one category.
- Nominations must be proposed and should be for achievements attained during the period November 2015 to November 2016.
- Nominations will only be considered for individuals/teams that either reside, participate in a club or attend school within the Moray area.
- Individuals who have made their contribution as part of paid employment will be exempt.
- A panel from sportMoray and relevant partners will be selected to identify category winners. The decision of this panel is final.
- Nominations will only be accepted for sports recognised by sportscotland.
- A shortlist of nominations will take place prior to the Awards night.
- Completed nomination forms and supporting information should be returned no later than Friday 28 October.
- 10. It is requested that applicants also submit footage/photographs via email/CD/disc of individuals/teams nominated in action for their sport, which will be used if shortlisted at the Awards evening.
Nominations are now closed.
Pages: 1 2